Mission of the Network
The National Network of Immunization Coalitions provides multiple channels for communication among local, state, regional, national, and international immunization coalitions. Our main instrument is the new website at www.ImmunizationCoalitions.org, a one-stop shop for learning about immunization coalitions, their locations, missions, activities, newsletters, and how to get engaged with them. The website promotes the activities of immunization coalitions, offers resources of importance to the network, and provides an interactive searchable online database of local, state, regional, national, and international immunization coalitions.
In 2001, Immunize.org developed its first website for immunization coalitions—izcoalitions.org—which featured short and long descriptions, as well as contact information, about all the identified coalitions in the United States. The information we gathered was placed in a searchable database and operated as a public resource for 15 years.
In 2010, Immunize.org expanded its efforts to support the nation’s immunization coalitions by founding the National Network of Immunization Coalitions. Our first step was to engage directors of immunization coalitions in discussions about building a communications network. The goal was to open communication channels among coalitions throughout the year rather than solely at the biennial immunization coalitions conference. Network operations began with quarterly telephone conference calls among coalition leaders, followed by adding an email discussion group of coalition leaders, an email newsletter for coalition members and partners, and conference calls (evolving into webinars) every 6-8 weeks on topics of interest to coalition members.
Additional Network Services
- Webinar calls are held every 6-8 weeks so coalition members can hear national experts on topics of interest to immunization coalitions.
- Listserv email discussions allow members to pose questions, request help, make announcements, and share resources.
- Network News is the Network’s email announcement service that broadcasts items of interest to coalitions such as new resources, educational opportunities, and conferences.
- Coalition Directors Calls are held quarterly to discuss overarching topics of interest and concern among coalition leadership.
- Help is available from IAC with answers to your questions about immunization coalitions.
Join the Network
Connect with hundreds of other coalition members for sharing ideas and resources, and learning from national experts. Please let us know about you and your work protecting the community from vaccine-preventable diseases. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.