Network News is an e-newsletter featuring news of interest to immunization coalitions, including advocacy opportunities, legislative efforts, immunization resources, educational offerings, and national conference information.
READ CURRENT ISSUE:
Table of Contents
Coalition News, Top Stories, and Events
- Introducing the next chapter in IAC’s leadership: Kelly L. Moore, MD, MPH
- Voices for Vaccines releases new podcast on vaccines and health equity with Minnesota School of Medicine health equity expert Nate Chomilo, MD, FAAP
- Check out New Mexico’s “Got Shots?” program aimed at getting children up to date on their immunizations!
- “Some Quit, Others Retired: How COVID-19 Has Forever Impacted U.S. Immunization Managers,” published in USA Today
- CDC and WhatsApp, a multiplatform messaging app, launch “Mi Chat Sobre Vacunas COVID” to help Spanish-speaking communities find information about vaccine locations and get answers to frequently asked questions
- Order IAC’s free, CDC-supported “Me Vacuné Contra el COVID-19” buttons and stickers to encourage vaccination in Latinx communities. Also available in English.
Other News, Educational Opportunities, and Events
- American Pharmacists Association offers “Vaccine Confident” program to foster communication and understanding about COVID-19 vaccines
- Johns Hopkins’ campaign, “Get the Facts about the Vax,” helps people make informed decisions about COVID-19 vaccine
- CDC offers resources to help get the word out about catching children up on routine vaccinations
- Johns Hopkins introduces Vira, a vax chatbot, to answer common COVID-19 vaccine questions
- HHS’s COVID-19 Community Corps adds COVID-19 toolkits for LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, and faith-based leaders (also available in Spanish) to its library of resources
- Resolve to Save Lives initiative describes 15 practices to improve vaccination rates in hard-to-reach U.S. communities
- Be sure you’re subscribed to IAC’s weekly e-newsletter, IAC Express, to stay current on ACIP recommendations, FDA licensures, immunization resources from many organizations, and more!
- Urge your coalition’s members to subscribe to this e-newsletter, IAC’s IZ Coalitions Network News!
- Please make sure your coalition is listed and your information is up to date on immunizationcoalitions.org, the website of the National Network for Immunization Coalitions