Network News is an e-newsletter featuring news of interest to immunization coalitions, including advocacy opportunities, legislative efforts, immunization resources, educational offerings, and national conference information.
READ CURRENT ISSUE:
Table of Contents
- Save the date! 2022 National Conference for Immunization Coalitions and Partnerships to be held September 13–15, 2022 in Minneapolis, MN
Coalition News, Top Stories, and Events
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) is now Immunize.org
- IZ Express (formerly IAC Express) welcomes 2022 with a new name and look; invite your colleagues to subscribe!
- The Arizona Partnership for Immunization and Arizona Department of Health Services partnered with four Arizona universities last winter on a campaign to raise awareness among college students of the importance of flu and COVID-19 vaccines
- Immunize Kansas Coalition offers tips and lessons learned from a holiday online fundraising campaign
- Voices for Vaccines releases podcast on Omicron variant with Your Local Epidemiologist
- Montgomery County Immunization Coalition has added four new videos to their Vaccine Conversation Video Series
- Families Fighting Flu and University of Iowa launch “Flu’s Clues,” a free, interactive, online game teaching youth about flu disease and vaccines
- Indiana Immunization Coalition hosts two webinars: “Influenza in the Time of COVID-19” on January 20 and “Indiana Parents’ Intentions and Perceptions about COVID-19 Vaccine for Their Children” on February 15; CE available
- AIM hosts webinar “Engaging Rural Pharmacies to Increase Vaccine Access and Confidence” on January 18
Other News, Educational Opportunities, and Events
- Save the Date: National Public Health Information Coalition, in partnership with CDC, to host 2022 National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media from August 16-18
- Immunize Nevada hosts 2022 Nevada Health Conference on March 7–8 in Reno; abstracts due January 17
- CDC launches new interactive COVID-19 vaccine training module to equip healthcare personnel with tools for effective communication with patients
- CDC’s Partnering for Vaccine Equity program announces new “Vaccine Resource Hub” with COVID-19 and influenza vaccination educational materials
- CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center presents new video series featuring pediatricians discussing common vaccine questions for parents
- VYF’s Shot of Prevention releases new blog post on COVID-19 vaccines during pregnancy
Coalitions in the News
- Visit IAC’s IZ Coalitions Network calendar of events for immunization coalitions!
- Stay up to date by subscribing to IAC Express, encourage your coalition’s members to subscribe to IAC’s IZ Coalitions Network News, and please make sure your coalition’s information is up to date on immunizationcoalitions.org, the website of the National Network of Immunization Coalitions