Network News is an e-newsletter featuring news of interest to immunization coalitions, including advocacy opportunities, legislative efforts, immunization resources, educational offerings, and national conference information.
READ CURRENT ISSUE:
Table of Contents
- Due to unprecedented numbers, registration for the September 13–15 National Conference for Immunization Coalitions and Partnerships 2022 is now closed
- Register now! National Network of Immunization Coalitions will hold a webinar titled “Making Them Care: Talking to College Students about Vaccines” on August 17.
Coalition News, Top Stories, and Events
- National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit will hold its in-person meeting November 2–3 in Atlanta, GA. Summit members register now!
- The National Network of Immunization Coalitions welcomes Immunize Wisconsin, the newest immunization coalition!
- Immunization Action Coalition of Washington publishes blog and video celebrating National Immunization Awareness Month and hosts its quarterly meeting on August 17
- Montgomery County Immunization Coalition hosts community town halls to build confidence around COVID-19 vaccines
- Immunize Kansas Coalition offers new interactive education module for Spanish-speaking populations on the importance of immunizations and the risk of vaccine-preventable diseases
- Oklahoma Alliance for Healthy Families releases a blog encouraging people to get vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B
- Voices for Vaccines shares resources for National Immunization Awareness Month!
Other News, Educational Opportunities, and Events
- National Association of School Nurses announces the Champions for School Health funding opportunity designed to increase access to and confidence in pediatric COVID-19 vaccine and school-required vaccines, particularly in under-resourced communities
- Hep B United hosts webinar “Community Collaborations with Health Departments for Hepatitis B Prevention” on August 18
- Pacific Northwest immunization partners host seminar to promote adult immunizations on August 23
- Save the Date! National Minority Quality Forum hosts webinar on diabetes, cardiovascular disease and vaccinations on August 26.
- Virtual: CHOP Vaccine Education Center’s Current Issues in Vaccines webinar on September 14 features Dr. Paul Offit discussing COVID-19 boosters, yearly vaccines, variant-specific vaccines, and what’s next; CE available
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month; promote vaccination with helpful resources for all ages
- Hepatitis B Foundation releases a partner toolkit for National Immunization Awareness Month with materials for the universal adult hepatitis B vaccination recommendation
- Association of Immunization Managers shares their new podcast and a COVID-19 Vaccination Social Media Toolkit
- National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants, and Migrants shares immunization resources including translated materials for schools, school partners, community organizations and local governments on COVID-19, monkeypox and routine immunizations
- CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center releases MMR vaccine and hepatitis B vaccine infographics and updates COVID-19 infographic
- American Academy of Pediatrics develops interactive map to explore each state’s vaccination rates and compare them with national rates
- Autism Society of America releases its “Guide to Accessible Vaccine Clinics”