Network News is an e-newsletter featuring news of interest to immunization coalitions, including advocacy opportunities, legislative efforts, immunization resources, educational offerings, and national conference information.
READ CURRENT ISSUE:
Table of Contents
- Register now! IZCoalitions Network webinar on November 12 will feature Project VCTR and the “Stronger” campaign, both from the Public Good Projects
- CDC’s Dr. Melinda Wharton issues “Call to Action: Childhood Vaccination Coverage,” urging immunization partners to recall children and adolescents for missed vaccinations
- Webinar on mass vaccination strategies now archived and available for viewing on IAC’s newest website: Mass-Vaccination-Resources.org
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America issues policy statement that only medical contraindications should be accepted as a reason for not receiving vaccinations—11 medical organizations now make this recommendation
- AIM releases white paper: “Flu Vaccination in a Pandemic: Leadership Lessons from Public Health Immunization Programs”
- Explore a wealth of resources on innovative approaches for enhancing influenza and general vaccination services from Sanofi Pasteur
- Check out AstraZeneca’s FLU+FORCE website, a centralized collection of trusted information to help plan a mobile flu vaccination clinic
- More than 100 colleges and universities across the nation require flu vaccine to protect staff and students—the list is growing!
- Sawbones “Our 2020 Flu Shot Extravaganza” podcast, an annual celebration of influenza vaccination with answers to listeners’ questions
- CDC Foundation seeks applications for grants supporting community organizations to strengthen vaccine confidence
- AIM hosts “Engaging Communities to Build Vaccine Confidence” webinar on November 10
- New Mexico Immunization Coalition’s Annual Meeting is December 1–3
- Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition and the PA Chapter of the AAP offer a webinar titled “Let’s Talk: Addressing Disparities in Immunization” on December 3
- Watch the Voices for Vaccines event “Vaccinate the Heartland” from October 15
- IAC’s elegantly designed “Vaccines Save Lives” black enamel pins make great gifts for the holidays!
- Please make sure your coalition’s information is up to date on immunizationcoalitions.org, the website of the National Network for Immunization Coalitions
- Urge your coalition’s members to subscribe to IAC’s IZ Coalitions Network News and IAC’s weekly e-newsletter, IAC Express!