Network News is an e-newsletter featuring news of interest to immunization coalitions, including advocacy opportunities, legislative efforts, immunization resources, educational offerings, and national conference information.
READ CURRENT ISSUE:
Table of Contents
Coalition News, Top Stories, and Events
- IAC’s IZ Coalitions Network posts new calendar of events for immunization coalitions!
- IAC’s two archived webinars emphasize vigilance in preventing influenza during the COVID-19 pandemic; please view and share!
- Immunize Kansas Coalition launches “#KansasFightsFlu” collegiate campaign with partners
- Montgomery County Immunization Coalition creates digital video campaign to dispel common myths about COVID-19 vaccine
- Families Fighting Flu launches “Flu Vaccination Promise” initiative and offers free flu educational materials and toolkits
- Indiana Immunization Coalition hosts three webinars this fall: “Understanding the Vaccine Injury Compensation Court” on October 7, “The Snowball Effect: Behavior Change and the Impact on Vaccination Uptake” on October 26, and “Vaccine Considerations for Pregnant Women and Babies” on November 9; CE available
- Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership hosts 26th annual “MIAP Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference” on October 28; CE available
- ImmunizeAR hosts “2021 Immunization Summit” on November 5; CE available
Other News, Educational Opportunities, and Events
- NFID and CDC host influenza/pneumococcal disease news conference on October 7, 9:30–10:30 a.m. (ET)
- AAP, AIM, and NACCHO offer webinar titled “Partners in Vaccination: A Collaboration between the AAP, AIM, and NACCHO” on October 13
- UNLV Health Law Program hosts webinar titled “COVID-19 Vaccines, Masks & Mandates: Exploring the Legal Boundaries of Public Health Protections” on November 4
- Association of Immunization Managers and National Association of School Nurses release pair of reports on the role of school-located vaccination clinics
- New “Virtual Visiting Immunization Expert Initiative” and childhood immunization flipchart available from American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Children’s Hospital and Medical Center of Omaha and the Nebraska Department of Education’s Healthy Schools Program develop “Fruitful 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign”
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners offers archived monograph “Meningococcal Vaccine: Prevention of Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease in Adolescents and Young Adults” and related podcast “Meningococcal Vaccine: Prevention in Adolescents and Young Adults”
- Shot of Prevention releases two new video Q&A’s: “COVID Vaccine Boosters: What You Need to Know” and “Flu 2021 Forecast: Do I Still Need a Flu Vaccine This Year Even If Last Season Was Mild?”
Coalitions in the News