Network News – February 9, 2012
- Next IZCoalitions Network conference call on March 5
- Register by February 24 to receive the early-bird registration rate for the National Conference on Immunization and Health Coalitions
- National Influenza Vaccine Summit is accepting nominations for its 2012 Immunization Excellence Awards by March 2
- New! February issues of Needle Tips and Vaccinate Adults are now online
Next IZCoalitions Network conference call on March 5
Please save the date! The Immunization Action Coalition invites you to participate in a 1-hour conference call for immunization coalition leaders, members, and partners on Monday, March 5, at 2:00 p.m. ET (1:00 p.m. CT). All are welcome. Agenda items include:
- Update on IZCoalitions Network project and related survey – Teresa Anderson and Sharon Humiston (IAC)
- Update from California Immunization Coalition on personal belief exemption legislation – Catherine Martin (California Immunization Coalition)
- CDC's new resources for parents and patients – Michelle Basket (CDC)
- Update on National Infant Immunization Week – Michelle Basket
- National Immunization Conference Online: How will it work? (CDC)
- Announcements from partners
We will circulate the final agenda and call-in information the week before the conference call. Hope you all can make it!
Back to top
Register by February 24 to receive the early-bird registration rate for the National Conference on Immunization and Health Coalitions
The 10th National Conference on Immunization and Health Coalitions (NCIHC) will take place in New Orleans on May 23–25. Early-bird registration ends February 24, so sign up soon.
NCIHC is the only conference solely dedicated to collaboration and partnership as a way to improve the health status of communities. This year’s conference features trailblazing First Ladies Mrs. Carter and Mrs. Bumpers, best-selling author Seth Mnookin, and nationally renowned subject matter experts.
The 2012 conference, "Jazzing Up Partnerships the Big Easy Way," is intended for members of health coalitions, public health professionals, healthcare providers, non-profit professionals, policy makers, community advocates, students, and health educators. NCIHC offers skills-building, tools and practical examples to help local, state, and national organizations build and sustain successful partnerships.
National Influenza Vaccine Summit is accepting nominations for its 2012 Immunization Excellence Awards by March 2
The National Influenza Vaccine Summit (NIVS) is soliciting candidates for the 2012 NIVS Immunization Excellence Awards. These awards recognize individuals and organizations that have made extraordinary contributions towards improved adult, and/or childhood influenza vaccination rates within their communities during the 2011-2012 influenza season. A national winner and honorable mention recipient will be selected for each award category. The winners will be presented with their awards at the National Influenza Vaccine Summit meeting, to be held May 15–17, in Atlanta. The national winner in each category will be invited to present at the National Influenza Vaccine Summit meeting.
There are four categories of recognition:
- Overall Season Activities
- Healthcare Personnel Campaign
- Immunization Coalitions/Public Health/Community Campaign
- Corporate Campaign
New! February issues of Needle Tips and Vaccinate Adults are now online
The February 2012 issues of Needle Tips and Vaccinate Adults are now online.
Readers will find information about new ACIP recommendations and resources for parents, patients, and healthcare professionals. Both publications also include the Ask the Experts column from CDC medical epidemiologist Andrew T. Kroger, MD, MPH; nurse educator Donna L. Weaver, RN, MN; medical officer Iyabode Akinsanya-Beysolow, MD, MPH; and medical epidemiologist William L. Atkinson, MD, MPH.